In 2003 GAZ Automotive Plant became Russia’s first production company to develop a unique lean production system based on the Japanese Toyota Production System.
Since 2005 GAZ production system has been in use at all GAZ Group’s plants and throughout Russian Machines as a whole.
Today, expertise built up by GAZ Group and Russian Machines is being rolled out in other sectors of the national economy by companies like Rosatom, Sberbank, agricultural producers, oil refineries, etc.
- Continuous improvement aiming to create value and cut losses.
- Focus on boosting efficiency on the shop floor and customer-oriented approach.
- Getting each and every employee involved in the optimization process.
- Four-fold growth in productivity.
- Average monthly revenue per employee grew 2.6 times (from RUB 74,000 to RUB 197,000 in 3 years).
- 40,000 Russian Machines’ personnel and over 2,000 staff employed by the company’s partners and suppliers went through Production System training.